Sunday 10 May 2020

The Lockdown Halsway Bar Nyckelharpa Session - Number 1

Hello!
I've often talked about Halsway Manor and about how wonderful the place is and how much I love teaching there. We've lost four of our five courses planned for this year and we're hoping with all our might that the big September course can go ahead. But I decided I should change things up a little and move away from the Zen scales. So this is my latest scheme. Holding a session in the bar at Halsway. Of course, to do that right now needs a little green screen magic, but we would love it if you joined us in the bar and played along! I'm going to build up a whole evenings worth of session gradually over time. Starting with the simple tunes and gradually getting a little harder. So I am proud to present the first Covid19 Lockdown Nyckelharpa Session in the Bar at Halsway Manor! There are four tunes in this first session and they are all very well known and generally will be played at any nyckelharpa session in the UK.


 I invited Jonny Dyer to join me on the accordion for this session. If you fancy filming yourself playing along to this session and I get enough I will edit it together so that it at least sounds like we're all in the bar together! Anyone following me in my World Nyckelharpa Day adventure will have seen this in action with players all round the world.

So enjoy this first session, there will be more! If you have a request get in touch! They won't all be Swedish, each session will have a different feel to it (but the first two are Swedish as it happens!)
See you at the next session - especially if you send me your video file to edit in! (Remember to wear headphones whilst you're listening to us!)
If you enjoy the sessions, please consider buying a 'Session Coffee'. These go towards funding the sessions. Each session 'costs' about 50 coffees, so every 50 coffees, we'll film, edit and upload the next session.
:))
Vicki

Buy a Session CoffeeBuy a Session Coffee


No comments:

Post a Comment